Home care worker cooperative members and developers from across the country gathered November 6-9, 2017 in Dulles, VA at the second annual Home Care Cooperative Conference. The conference is organized by the Cooperative Development Foundation and hosted at the headquarters of the National Rural Utilities Cooperative Finance Corporation.
Highlights of this year’s program included:
- Two Specialized Preconference programs:
– Training for home care cooperative members by the Paraprofessional Health Institute on develop a person-directed organizational culture that is stronger, healthier, more efficient and adaptable.
– Facilitated session for technical assistance providers to develop a framework for home care replication incorporating the finding of The ICA Group research on home care replication.
- The Home Care Industry and the Role of Cooperatives
- Best Practices for Retention and Recruitment of Caregivers
- Governance and Finance Issues
- Optimizing the Cooperative Advantage with Caregivers and Clients
- Working Smart: Tracking data to know what works